Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Funny Farm

This post refers back to something we discussed last week, I think. We were talking about why we would confuse words while speaking (saying cat instead of rat, for example) and about the connections our minds make between words.

A few months ago, a friend of mine showed me this game that is built off of that and I thought it would be cool to share with you guys!

Funny Farm

If any of you do try it and want help, or the answers, let me know! We finished it after a ton of work and lots of Googling :)

6 comments:

I-Chant said...

That is really interesting! Thanks for finding that, Minerva. I haven't mastered it yet, but it is definitely a great example of connectionist networks. I guess I need to think in more funny terms.

I-Chant said...

Okay, many hours later and still haven't figured it all out. Now my partner and I are obsessed. Uh-oh!

GYee said...

Ok I tried this game, I'm not quite sure how to play it. Do I just type in random farm animal names? I did that, then I ran out of ideas. Well...I was sorta doing it by myself. Perhaps the game will make more sense when I start to do this with some friends. Thanks Minerva.

Rachel said...

Wow I have definitely become addicted to this because it is frustrating to have a half-completed web-structure. At first I imagined it would be easy, because I assumed that I would automatically come up with related words (if they are supposed to be closely linked in my mind). But everyone has a different neural map...so I will just have to resort to good old Wikipedia :D

Minerva said...

I was absolutely addicted to it, simply because I couldn't imagine leaving it half-empty... if anyone is interested, I can email you the solved puzzle that you can refer to if your ever really, really stuck!

Good luck!

Arantza said...

It's amazing!
I've been trying to come up with connections and it's so hard!
I guess we all make different connections between things so I might be totally off topic, but I'll keep trying!